Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Still in Rome-Sat. Aug. 7th

Some random thoughts about Rome.

This is the logo from the best gelato place we had on our entire trip. I spent a lot of time on their web site trying to determine if I could order the pistachio base and hText Colorave it shipped to Roosevelt. Alas, not gonna happen.
Here is a portion of a mamoth statue of Alexander the Great. It was the inspiration for the head of Michealangelo's David.
On Sunday Aug. 8th we were so proud of ourselves. We figured out the metro and rode to the Borgese Gallery. After the Borgese tour we rented bikes and rode all over the grounds of the Borgese Estate. On the way back to our hotel, we stopped at a flea market. We felt so proud of our exploring skills!
Michele at the Vatican with St. Peter's behind her. An entry from my journal..."Michele is so kind and patient with me and she walks as fast and as much as I do. We are a great match!"

At the Piazza Navona with "Paulo". I purchased an oil on canvas from Paulo and he was gracious enough to let us take a picture with him. It was Gary's souvenir from my trip and for Christmas we had it framed.

This is one of the inspirations for the picture I bought. It is the South West end of Piazza Navona.

This picture was taken standing on the steps of our hotel, "Capo d'Africa".
A great street shot as walked all over Rome. Roma/Amor! Our first tour guide told us that Rome is like a "big hug". With the small streets, cozy shops, and tight architecture, it really is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good friend! Hey--don't give up on that importing of pistachio gelato idea....

garhales said...

Oh believe me...:)