Tuesday, December 21, 2010

9 Aug 2010-Monday


Rome-Civitavecchia--My beautiful, amazing friend!
Ate gelato for breakfast, checked out of Capo d'Africa. Got a taxi to a different hotel where we caught the bus to Civitavecchia-45 miles from Rome.

Boarding was amazingly simple. We got to spend several hours exploring the ship before we set sail.

The ship is so decadent and all about making our life as simple as possible. Turned down bedding, luggage was checked and delivered to our rooms, amazing gym (which we used right away), beautiful locker room at the gym (we never used the shower in our room)!

Michele's amazing travel agent had chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room. And the ship delivered a princess shopping bag to our room. Knowing my reusable bag obsession, Michele graciously donated the bag to me! ;)

Dinner was gourmet, the company was phenomenal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember how excited we were?? It really was the beginning of an unforgettable adventure!! I LOVED our ship!!

garhales said...

I love their commercials on TV. I am hooked on watching them--there is one in particular that has an amazing shot of the piaza! It is Disney's newest ship but it stops me in my tracks every time they show it. I love the pictures we got of the ship. So luxurious and beautiful.