Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Friday August 13, 2010-At Sea


From my journal in quotations..."What a fun and relaxing day! Today we are at sea and we worked out first thing in the morning--the gym was packed and there are only two upright bikes so I had to wait--I did my abs/arms while I waited so no biggie".

"I finally got brave and faced the scale...Haven't gained any weight! Whooo hooo for me"! So I celebrated with a refill of my infamous "crack water". (I would have gotten some anyway) ;)

The lovely gym. The view was amazing but made you a bit dizzy from watching the ocean go by-- I do not know how Michele managed to stay on the treadmills. I tried it once and felt like I was going crooked the entire time.

"After showering at the gym, we headed to the art gallery on Deck 5 to check out all the art that would be up for auction during the cruise. Some of the stuff was really amazing and Michele told me a lot about many of the pieces and the artists. Man that girl has a good memory for art! It is clear how much she loves it and I get to appreciate it on a whole new level when I hang out with her".
"Next stop the Princess Theater on Deck 7, to catch the end of a talk about our port tomorrow, Santorini".
"Since we both fell asleep in the unusually comfy theater chairs, we decided it was nap time"
"Johnnie had already been by and made the beds, complete with our daily "Princess Chocolate.".
"After our really yummy naps we dressed for formal night in the dining rooms. It was fun to get all dressed up...Michele has way better legs than me but I totally rocked my new scarf that I bought on the steps of the Vatican in Rome!" "I had shrimp cocktail (which I think I had every night of the cruise) and Red Snapper for dinner--It was amazing"!
"After dinner we changed back to casual wear, went and watched a very funny comedian (insert his name here later when I remember it:). The head bartender then built and poured a huge champagne tower which he let passengers help with". "All the officers were introduced and the captain spoke. I couldn't hear very well but he just talked about our porting tomorrow".
"We stopped for a snack at Caribe Cafe for the late buffet (hey, didn't I mention that I haven't gained any weight?)--Princess Magic!" We ate our treats at Movies Under the Stars.

We saw "Valentines Day", it was cute. Here is Michele with her ever present water bottle. I don't think we would have survived the trip without our water bottles!

6 comments:

Mom said...

That pic of you in your "formal" attire is absolutely stuning yes your outfit is great but your skin and hair make you look 20 years old. Please make me a copy of that pic. I am really enjoy seeing more of you trip and might even consider it by the time you are done sharing.

garhales said...

Awww thank you mommie!

Unknown said...

How fun!!! The ship was amazing and you both are so cute!! Great pictures.

garhales said...

Thanks Amy. I am so happy you are looking at my blog!

Anonymous said...

You totally are rockin' that scarf! What a great buy, too! I'm thinking a movie under the starts on the lounge chairs with a soft blanket and warm chocolate chip cookie would be the perfect end to EVERY day!

garhales said...

I agree Michele! Brady and I are almost out of apple tea and pomegranante tea. That is how we have been ending every day. Soooo tasty.