Thursday, December 30, 2010

More Amazing Pictures of Santorini.


Widely accepted by archelogists as the lost city of Atlantis. I can see why, it is so beautiful.

Our fellow passengers who made the zig-zag trek to the top either via donkey or foot, made a lot of comments about being careful to not get drunk at the top of the village shown here, Thera.

Because, one wrong step and you were bouncing down the steep cliff!

Given the toasty morning we had at the steam vent, we opted for the shade of deck 7 which faced this beautiful scene yet protected us from the wind that came up.

Once upon a time pumice was a major economic product of Santorini. The mines have all been closed now to protect the caldera.

What can I say? I think the tug boats are super cool so I took pictures. I am a tourist you know!

Amazingly beautiful!

The slick stone lined raod to the top. Made slicker by the heat and donkey "leavings". Also very sweet smelling we were told by our fellow passengers who were brave enough to go for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that photo of the tugboat! I'm thinking about having that one framed....just can't decide where I'd put it...

garhales said...

I think I am going to do it and put it in Brady's room. I still have to have the boy's pictures framed and I thought I would also do a picture from our trip for each of the kids' room. Getting as much mileage as possible out of all of our amazing pictures.