Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fishing at Lake Erie/Marblehead Lighthouse



We waited to go fishing at Lake Erie until Grandma and Grandpa could come with us.

It was worth the wait. They spend a lot more time fishing than we do. They helped the kids get geared up and learn to avoid the rocks.


The rocks were REALLY SLIPPERY!

Alyssa caught the only keeper of the day, a white bass. But everyone still had fun.

It was a beautiful day, perfect weather!

Lot's of good fishing spots. It didn't start to get crowded until later in the day.

Lexie became a little pro at waiting for the wave to crash before she reeled in so her hook didn't snag on the big rocks.


Brady putting on his worm. Not his favorite thing to do but he never complained.

It was a perfect day to spend with family. Mom and I snuck away for a few minutes and went to "Cheese Haven". The cheese was ok, the company was better!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

It looks like you had a great time! I am excited to go there. I don't mind rocky beaches if it means less people.:) I am glad you had a good visit with your mom.

Unknown said...

It does look like fun. Mike loves to fish!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, fun to see new posts. Tell the fam hi from us.

Carrie said...

Looks like some good times and fun adventures! :)

Anonymous said...

It was worth the wait to catch up on these 3 postings with your mom. Your fishing trip photos boast a day of fabulous weather. I especially love the picture you caught of your mom at the end of this post. She looks so content--looking out on beautiful water or grandkids fishing. Made me wish I had been there. I took your advice and enlarged your beautiful shots! I also had to enlarge your kids--I am afraid for the day I don't notice so much the ways they are changing and growing up. Brady's haircut makes him look so much older! I miss his curly locks, but I guess it was just a matter of time. I will always be grateful that you forged ahead with this blogging initiative. What a Godsend it is to me in your absence. I love you, my dear friend!