Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Day on the Maumee!


My mom & Rod came for the week. On Wed. Alyssa and her boyfriend kidnapped Rod to take him fishing.
They caught white bass on the Maumee River. Rod taught Alyssa and Branden how to filet them.

We bbq'd them in a foil pouch. YUM!

The kids and I took my mom to Grand Rapids.
It is such a picturesque little old town right on the Maumee River. Lots of good photo ops.
It only took Brandon about 10 seconds to get to the top of the playground equipment!

We explored the river, the really cute little town, and the wonderful playground.

I LOVE this picture of my mom! The kids had a blast spending the day with her.

There is a canal that runs parallel to the river. The river is just beyond the picnic shelter.

There were a bunch of herons eating minnow in the river. Mom and I had a lot of fun sneaking up on them to get close up shots. Double click on any of these--it's pretty cool!

After a yummy pizza and dippin dot lunch, we went to explore the other side of the river--it was just as cool as the South side!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow the river is high! Looks like fun, Love Grand Rapids.

Mom said...

And all these pics are making me cry with all the joyful memories, thanks to each of your for just being who you are and giving us such joy...........