Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break 2009

After a comedy of errors; I gave up on my weekend of hiking in Hocking Hills. Maybe another time.
We got the week started by making our happy Easter tree! We think it is very cool. I actually was at class and the kids did this by themselves.
The Toledo Zoo is turning out to be a fun family outing. I bought a family pass so we can go as often as we want. I took the kids on Wed. when I got out of class. Afterwards we headed to Chuckie Cheese for food and games. We are saving our tickets to get Lexie the 4000 ticket bear. It was a lot of fun. Brandon has a great time helping her play the games and win tickets.
I managed to get one pic. of Alyssa and Branden before they ditched us for the rest of the time--ditchers!
There were giraffes here. They are still in their winter enclosures so I couldn't get a good picture. I thought this guy was pretty cute though!

Brady and Lexie really like the sea lions, seals, and polar bears; and each other!
This is the skull of a hippopotamus. Brady and I were very impressed!

This sloth bear was so cute--he would put his face up against the glass and sniff at the kids. We stayed by him a long time.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Cool egg tree! I used to try to do it after we moved here from Philly, but too much wind, they would never stay on! :(

garhales said...

In Wyoming I always had to use bread ties but here we could just use yarn. It is so fun; lots of people here do Easter trees.

Anonymous said...

Great shots of your kids at the zoo! I love that hat on Alyssa! It's weird--to see something with your family that was recently with my family makes you seem a little closer...I like that a lot. I think I need that a lot:) I love and miss you guys so much!