Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Songs of Childhood

When I was little we lived on a farm. My mom and I used to hang out A LOT. My mom absolutely loves the song of a Meadowlark. I remember listening to them, in the early morning hours, calling back and forth to each other from the telephone wires along the road. The Meadowlark is the song of my childhood.

Today, Lexie and I were hangin' out at the table, eating breakfast. She was sick yesterday and we took today off to hang out and recover. We heard a bird calling and I said to her; "Well, I know it isn't a meadowlark". It was really cool so we went to check it out.

As I took this video, I realized that the song of Lexie's childhood will be different in many ways and yet, similar too. Her song of childhood will be the Cardinal that sings in our tree each and every day.

I hope to get some good close ups of her very soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to take time to do more blog entries like these. Capture the quiet moments and share the memories that really make life amazing. Thanks for the inspiring post.