Friday, May 14, 2010

I MADE TAMALES!

I have always wanted to make tamales.

But the lard and pork don't really fit into my nutrition plan!

I found a recipe that uses canola oil in the masa and chicken in the filling!
Brandon made the masa while I was out running errands and then he was the official photographer of "Chicken Tamales-Take One"!
I was very proud of the tamale steamer that I rigged up.
The final product was delicioso! Our friend, Andy Perez said they were even better than his grandmother's!

I am sure he was just being polite but I will take it! Today I made another batch and they were as good as the first, maybe even better!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, i have never made tamales before, but I love to eat them! send me some!

garhales said...

I am on it!

Mom said...

I love all these great pics, good job Brandon(with the cooking and pics). Who took the pics of my Baby Girl, very special. Hope we see those turkeys when we get there so Grandpa can tell us if they are wild for sure, but I think so. Alssya, never stop climbing those trees!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that in addition to fabulous photos of the tamales--EVERY ONE of these shots of you is GORGEOUS!! Good to see you, and you are looking so GOOD!! Your healthy lifestyle shows in the glow, Sista!

Unknown said...

Great job on the tamales!!! It made me so hungry for them. I love the last picture of you!