Sunday, July 26, 2009


RAGBRAI is a bike ride that begins in Council Bluffs Iowa and ends in Burlington Iowa 6 days later. This is the bridge over the Mississippi where they ended the ride.

My good friend Michele rode RAGBRAI with her daughter Sophie. I was so happy for them and wished I could go too.


I decided on Friday to drive the 8+ hours to Burlington so I could be there when they dipped their front tires in the Mississippi, Saturday the 25th of July.


When I saw them coming towards me; man I was so homesick I just about died!

It was so cool to see them ride in and to be with them when they finished such an amazing goal.

Congratulations Sophie and Michele. What an amazing accomplishment.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow that's awesome! I was just AT Council Bluffs!

Mom said...

Congrats Michele & Sofie!

Anonymous said...

I opened up your blog quickly tonight before going to bed--just couldn't wait any longer! Thank you so much for being there, Kim. When I think about it now, I can't imagine the finish line being anywhere NEAR as pivotal and important to Sophie and I without you there to share it with us. I love you so much--The fact that I actually got to see you and spend a little time with you seems like a dream now. I miss you terribly my friend. Even so many hundreds of miles away--you find a way to be there when it means so much.

Kristen said...

I am so glad you were able to go and see your friend! Good friends are so important is this life and beyond. Thanks for being my friend too. You are an example to me.