Thursday, February 12, 2009

Welcome Smores!


Lexie had a great 6th birthday but she was a little disappointed. She really wanted a toy pony named "Smores" that she had seen advertised on TV. She got money from a couple of friends and from Grandma Pat. She decided to ask Grandma Nancy to help out--which she graciously did! $10 dollars from Alyssa and I pitched in the rest--"Smores" was delivered to our door 5 days later!

He came "some assembly required" meaning that HE HAD NO HEAD! It was a really long day waiting for Brandon to come home from school--he did and was very gracious. He and Lexie not only put the horse together, he used the box (plus several others) to make her an awesome fort with trap doors and the whole nine yards.



Lexie and her friends have had a blast playing with Smores and in the wonderful fort. A little team work went a long way to making this the best birthday ever!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit! Emily has had a very good time watching the horse video this morning.

Bethany Hawkley said...

Good times! I can't wait to show Allie the videos. And don't tell Lexie, but I had to laugh when she jumped on the horse and slid right off the other side. :-)

Bethany Hawkley said...

Oh and btw - I love the new background and the snow blob picture!

Anonymous said...

I totally had the wrong thing pictured when you described Smores to me!! Wow--I think she was worth every penny! There's nothing quite as wonderful as watching your little girl on horseback in a tutu. Boy, I miss her!

Carrie said...

Loved the getting bucked off part! haaha!