Thursday, October 30, 2008

Today I am a political activist


Tuesday I had the opportunity to attend a Democrat policial rally on campus. The governor, U.S. senator, congressman, and several others were there. There was music, accusations, belittling of undecided voters, belittling of conservative people, and some more music.





Wednesday I got to attend the Republican rally complete with Sarah Palin, and country music star--Aaron Tippen! It was very exciting--better music, more detailed accusations, support of undecided voters, and liberal people. There were campaign promises that made sense and--to my pleasant surprise--a realy positive atmosphere. Not at all what the media in this "swing" state would have the general public believe.


I thought you might like to see some pictures I took at the Republican rally. There were about 6000 people there. The Democratic rally had about 50 people in attendance and would not allow cameras except from the media.

My pictures aren't that great--I really have to get a tri-pod! But "Joe the Plummer" was there. People are starting a grass roots idea and wear these t-shirts to the event--"Steve the Farmer", "Dave the Excavator"


Gary recently pranked a neighbor by -placing some hi-jacked Obama signs on their yard (They
are pro-Republican). We subsequently found out that Obama signs require a $10.00 campaign contribution. I decided to go get Gary a McCain sign--I figured $10.00 wouldn't kill me and he would think it was cool.
------McCain signs are free---as are all other Republican yard signs.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, that is surprising that Obama would CHARGE people for his signs...I thought he was into "redistributing the wealth"? haha!

garhales said...

I know; maybe that was just what the people said who had their signs stolen from their yards. I didn't actually go to his office here and check. But it was in the paper that the people who stole the signs would be fined for the cost of the signs.