Friday, October 24, 2008

Marching Band--Freezing Mom!


Tonight I finally got to see Brandon march and play in the football game. It was a hoot! He is soooo handsome in his uniform and they all play so well. I love marching band music anyway but hearing my son play it was AWESOME!
It rained here all day long and stopped from about 5 to 7:30 pm. It started raining at kick off and rained hard all through the first half of the game. The kids got soaked! It is warm when it is raining but when it stopped, it got so so so cold. Luckily I had dressed in lots of layers so I was ok. Unfortunately I haven't unpacked my snow boots or coat yet so I was pretty miserable towards the end. The game didn't get over until 10:45 pm because we injured two of their players bad enough to send both to the hospital--one in the ambulance and one by private vehicle. We aren't a dirty team, just really hard hitting! Even the opposing team said that we were about the cleanest team in the region.
We won 37 to 20 and it was one of the best high school games that I have seen in years--I do have to admit seeing my son march was probably why I liked it so much! :-)
This is one really great looking trumpet player!


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Aaron was impressed with the band uniforms and wonders how much it cost! haha!

garhales said...

We don't have to pay for them. We pay $50 dollars at the beginning of the season and I never even have to clean the darn thing! We also have "summer" uniforms for the early season and summer competitions. They are a the red polo and white shorts that you saw him wearing in an earlier post.

Fig said...

Aw, cute! He's very handsome in his little nutcracker suit.