Sunday, September 7, 2008

Marblehead Lighthouse






I never though I would post twice in the same week, let alone twice in one day! After I did a little homework this a.m., we decided to go on an adventure to check out Lake Erie. What follows is a lot of amazing pictures from a really fun day! I hope you enjoy them.


We found the Marblehead Lighthouse, isn't it beautiful. The kids had a ball checking things out with the binoculars and climbing on the rocks.

Ginger went in Alyssa's place (Alyssa is still sick and had a ton too much homework). We missed Alyssa and had to rush home to show off all of our pictures.

He isn't really hanging off of a cliff, it just looks like it! :-)

This is a barge full of limestone being pushed by a tug boat. We watched it head all the way to the horizon!


About 2 miles from where we were is Cedar Point. The kids (Gary included) are chomping to go there very soon. My friend, Faith, from Roosevelt had mentioned it to me before we left. Cedar Point, come to find out, is the largest roller coaster amusement park in the WORLD! You read that correct and I am not exaggerating. These are the shots I got of it with my long zoom lens on my camera. Brady spent most of his time studying it, across the little inlet, with the binoculars.


We think these are some kind of fossils but we don't know what; there were no signs or restricted access of any kind. They were cool though!

As we were leaving Brandon saw this snake slither between two rocks. It is a terrible picture but I was a little unsure of species and temperment so I decided to take what I could get (which ended up with about the last 12" of his tail!

Any and all of these photos are worth double clicking on to enlarge. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed taking them! Have a great week.

No comments: