Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lexie's first bus ride!

Ever since school started Lexie has been asking when she could ride the bus. I finally got ahold of the bus garage and filled out the proper paperwork (everything here requires the proper paperwork!) and they were off--or on!

Brady is not nearly as enthusiastic as Lexie is but they only ride to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He rides home every afternoon.
The first day, at the bus stop, Lexie put her hand on her hips and said, "Raise your hand if you are in Kindergarten". Two little girls shyly raised their hands. She said that when they got to school in the coat room she asked one "So, do you want to be friends"? The girl said yes. The other little girl got "all huffy" and asked Lexie why she wasn't invited to be her friend. Lexie said "Mom, I just told her "look, I am getting to you but if you are going to be all drama, then never mind"! " I asked Lexie what happened next and she reported that the huffy little one "got her attitude under control" and now all three are buddies!

Way to go Lexie! Too bad we all can't have that kind of confidence!


Alyssa had a soccer game on Sat. I missed the shot of her awesome steal (of course) and of her taking down the bully from the other team (yes, she got called for it). She didn't get a yellow card, but they did get a penalty kick. Her extremely type B coach is reported to have said "Great job Alyssa--it was a great play, don't worry about the call".


The house is coming along nicely. Gary is painting every day like a mad man and even consent
ed to let me have green in the front room. Hooray! The kids and I have moved about 1/2 of the little stuff and the basement is being organized as we go. I am so happy to finally have all my food storage up on shelves again. We hope to finish up this Sat.

2 comments:

Fig said...

I love the Lexie story - we should seriously all be like that.

Carrie said...

Hey, Christy stole what I was going to write!!!