Sunday, September 14, 2008

From being homeless to having 2 homes!

1514 Cardinal; Bowling Green, OH 43402

Now we have a rental and a mortgage. We are such over achievers! We plan to be out of our rental and completely done with our protracted moving experience by October 8th. Wish us luck.


The house sits on a nice size lot. We are very happy about the size and shape of the back yard and plan to install a fence soon for Ginger. She met the lab next door last night. She and Cooper are about the same age and were instantly great friends.
Standing in the front doorway looking in the house.

Front room, just inside front door.
The main floor has a mud room (with enough room for the washer, dryer, freezer, and hooks for coats), a 1/2 bath, front room, kitchen, and rec. room. Can you see the two tile squares in the kitchen picture? I would really love to know which one you guys think I should choose. My new dishwasher and stove are stainless steel. Our family is pretty much divided about which would be best. Any thoughts?


Double click on this pic for a better look at the tile. You can also see into the front room in this pic. I am standing in the rec. room.



Rec room from the kitchen.
Well mom, as you can see I lied. There are actually 4 windows in the family room. I am hoping I can talk you into making two more sets of Americana Curtains. I will start looking for the fabric ASAP. What do you think? Gary and I are debating over which walls to paint red and which to do with CandleWax.
I want to do one wall 1/2 and 1/2 but I can't find good dividing/stopping points. Any help, please?
The girls room with Alyssa's new dresser.
Guess we need to do some serious wall washing!
Upstairs are the four bedrooms, a small linen closet, and the two full bathrooms. Here is Alyssa and Lexie's room. Yesterday we went to Furniture Row and bought Alyssa this dresser. I will post another shot of it when her room is done and the mirror is attached to it. It is stunning to see and we were very excited about the deal we got on it! I about crashed the other day when I saw the "Denver Mattress Company" truck drive through my neighborhood! I love their mattresses and furniture. It is in Toledo, easy to find (right by Sam's and Walmart--who would have ever guessed? :-)

Here is Brady and Brandon's rooms with views of the back yard from each of their windows.

Brady's room and view
Brady has the squares in his window too, I just managed to open his before I took the picture!

Brandon picked his room because it has a bigger closet and because of the mirror that says "Adio".


I forgot to get pictures of the unfinished basement but it has been recently painted white and has a few shelves and some pegboard. I will post those next week. I did get shots of the garage. I am going to copy my friend Michele's garage wall storage system for the bikes etc. She has a cool system and I found all the parts at my Home Depot here in town. Thanks Michele, now I don't have to try to figure that out on my own!
Front doorway looking into the mud room, and garage entrance.
I know this is a rather long post with lots of pictures, I hope you don't mind. I thought you might like to see as much of the house as I could show. It doesn't really do it justice but I will keep sending pics as we paint and etc.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Love your house, go with the lighter tile!

garhales said...

Thanks for the help! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love new houses! The darker tile would be good for cleaning but the lighter makes the room look bigger. I can't decide either.

Fig said...

Dark tile, dark tile, dark tile. DARK is where it's at right now.

The house is gorgeous!