Friday, August 22, 2008

I'll figure this out eventually.

Because I had to change my e-mail address, I had to create a new google account. Someone out there could probably have educated my on how to avoid deleting my previous blog and starting a whole new one; but that is what I did.

Lexie had her first day of kindergarten today. She insisted that she could go in by herself but I could walk "5 or 8 feet behind" to make sure she made it ok. That is what I did. She did great. I spent the morning pondering the mix of emotions that come with each child starting kindergarten and most especially today with it being my last. I will miss her for the 2 and 1/2 hours she is gone every morning but I have a lot to keep me busy and look forward to the next phase of her childhood. I am already getting signed up and fingerprinted to be a classroom helper.

After school we immediately did "backpack time". Conneaut has a 'homework everyday' mission for the students. Kindergarten homework is minimal so I thought she would like to get it done while she was still in "school mode". The 6 little questions resulted in a mini-meltdown and made me realize that 2 and 1/2 hours of constantly stimulation resulted in major sensory overload. Once all of her clothes were off, all was well in her world.


She is currently relaxing on the floor with her "Joy", "Scotcha", tuna sandwich, lemonade, blankie, and a Sesame Street video. Thank goodness it's Friday!

2 comments:

Fig said...

What a doll. Hooray for kindergarten!

Advice: you don't need a word verification if your blog is private - no weirdy spammers can view your blog.

Anonymous said...

So funny.