Monday, January 3, 2011

Thursday Aug. 19th, 2010-Corfu, Greece


Today we took the bus to a little restaurant outside of Corfu called Spiros & Vasilis. "...I am mildly sceptical about how tasty I might find the food. We arrived at the most scenic and amazing restuarant I have ever seen. It was all by itself with no buildings around it. The terraced patio where we ate was flag stone and canopied by huge aspen trees.

The building was stucco and brick with gorgeous arches and vines everywhere. We began our cooking demonstration by enjoying appetizers of feta cheese, tzaziki, a delicious codfish roe dip, bread and olives. It was suprisingly yummy. There was an older Greek man in chefs whites and hat who joined us and demonstrated each dish while our Greek tour guide (Fou Fou) translated for him.
He also demonstrated mousaka-then we got to eat it too. After the demonstration/lunch we were taken back to the pier. We then wandered back into town and treated ourselves to a walk and some shopping. I finally found just the scarves I had been hunting. Michele got some amazing pants for Sophie--BTW how does she like them? and a scarf for Bella. I also got an amazing purse; which is a super big deal since I pretty much hate all purses! I adore this one and carry it everywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite "happy places" is to close my eyes and remember sitting under the speckled arch of those beautiful trees, eating amazing dishes and enjoying the relaxed, perfect climate. Thanks for SO many amazing memories, my friend!

garhales said...

I miss the fish roe dip. ;) I know that was your favorite too. jk