Tuesday, August 31, 2010

How about you go on a little trip?

So in March Michele's husband called and said that he wanted to send Michele on a trip for their aniversary. He couldn't go but wondered if I might have some time to get away between my summer classes. I figured I had a few days between the 5th and the 23rd of Aug. and told him so.

A few days later Michele called and we happily began brainstorming where we might like to go. It was fun to throw out ideas like a train tour of New England, Seattle, Vegas (we both quickly said nah to that one), ...

We began talking about traveling abroad...England, France (she was just there), South America...

I jokingly suggested Italy because, of course, it is the one place I have always wanted to go! My friend loves me and I can not express how it feels to be so loved by another person. She is the most selfless and generous person that I know. 2 weeks later she had booked a 17 day cruise of Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Complete with shore excursion tours and private tours of all the important spots we would see on our way.

I journaled every day of our trip and this blog is mostly a detailed chronical of the entire time. Please feel free to read if you would like to. I don't want to forget anything so I will probably post most of my journal entries. It was so, so amazing. In addition to all the places I got to see, I spent time with a person who encourages me, who appreciates me, and who helps me stretch beyond what is right in front of me.

Thank you Michele, and Mike, for this amazing experience!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I feel like I'm having a "Kim Hales Ephesus moment"....unable to hold back tears reading, remembering, and wishing you were still close by!!

garhales said...

I miss you too.

Carrie said...

can't wait to read the rest! great posts!