Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5 August 2010

Today I got to go for an early bike ride--so, so many bugs!!! Finished packing for our trip. Left for the airport @ 1. Picked up Branden Lewis & got gas. Headed to the airport by 1:30 (Michele is in the air!!). Arrived DTW @3. It was hard to leave my kids. Lexie was pretty das. I am really excited for my trip and I hope she is distracted and happy while I am gone. :)
I checked the monitors and discover which gate Michele will be at in 30 min. Man is she a sight for sore eyes. I started to bawl the minute she got off the plane. We had 2 1/2 hours to kill. It went by in about 2 seconds. It feels like we were never apart.

We left Detroit about 8:30 (a little behind schedule). We were served a snack, then dinner. After more chatting--we are now settling in to try to sleep on the last 7 hours of our 9 hour flight.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad you are going to post about your trip! I am anxious to hear about it. I bet you had so much fun!

garhales said...

We had a blast Kristen and I am eager to start posting. I had to wait--Michele got the box with the memory cards in it today so I am now free to post away. I plan to take my time and re-live every minute! Thanks for reading and for the interest.