Monday, January 11, 2010

Surgery-Post Op. Update

Sunday Jan. 11, 2010, 4 days after surgery. The bandage was soaked so they changed his dressing. He really wanted to see it so I took some pictures of his incisions while they did the dressing change.
Monday Jan. 11, around 2 p.m. Brady finally got to take a drink. Apple Juice never tasted so good.
First meal about an hour after first drink! Grape juice, banana, pears, french toast sticks, vanilla pudding, and cheescake with strawberries on top!

After food and drinks in abundance; the nurse came in and offered to take off Brady's IV! He still has the port on his hand but no more pole! Hopefully tomorrow the chest tube will come out!
Brady ended the day chatting on the phone with Grandparents and Aunt Lisa.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to know--with Alyssa still med school bound...was she totally fascinated by this whole thing? I can tell I was never meant to be a doc...all I can say is, pretty cool, but EWWWWWW! Brady, you are one brave young man!

garhales said...

All my kids were extremely fascinated by the 1st pic. Brady looks at it over and over again.